Pages

Old Fashion Don'ts That Are Now Fashion Dos


There used to be a time when there were certain things in fashion that you just couldn't do according to THEY (the hidden fashion influencers from back in the day that we never see). With people using fashion more and more to express themselves, and stand out from those who swear by the status quo, a lot of them have been tried and proven to not be so bad after all.

How-to Discover Your Personal Style

In this week's post, I'm sharing 5 of those with you and why you can let go of the fear of getting them wrong and try them yourself.

One
Ballet flats or kitten heels on a sexy night out. This is such an old mindset because there are so many sexy styles available nowadays. Plus, I'm so done with being uncomfortable all night in high heels, just because "they said" it's the only way to be sexy and cute.



Two 
Wearing matching tops with bottoms. I used to be guilty of this way of thinking because being matchy matchy seemed so child like. I've become a fan over the years as the style evolves.


Three
Going to the office in something other than suits, skirts, dresses or dress pants. Jumpsuits and culottes are favs of mine, and both still look very professional if you want to go for something a bit different.


How-to Switch Up Your Entire Look at No Cost

Four
Headwraps anywhere. Wearing headwraps these days anywhere is definitely seen as chic nowadays, but there was a time when people gave me major side-eye when I wore wraps out and about and at the office.



Five
Statement jewelry in a professional settings. Raise your hand if you thought wearing statement jewelry was only to be worn during personal time. (raises hand) I looove a good piece but I used to shy away from wearing them at the office to a business meeting for fear that I would look 'unprofessional'. Somewhere in my teens someone told me that being and adult came with different personas. One for professional settings, and the other for everyday life. As I get older and discover more about myself, I realize that I am more than one thing but I can also choose how I express myself. There is no one rule fits all, so I just try to be me instead of following other people's rules about what I should wear and when.



Go be great & stylish! 
Dina

Inspirational Quote of the Week

Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt 


---
Thanks for stopping on over. If this post was helpful to you in any way, do me a favor and like, comment AND share this post on Twitter, Facebook and everywhere you and your stylish friends hang out on the interwebs. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily fashion tips and style-spiration.

If you'd like to contact me you can @shestylesher on your favorite social media platform, or send me an email at shestylesher@gmail.com.

XoXo
Dina

She Styles Her

No comments:

Post a Comment