Pages

The One Thing I Always Wear to Meetings and Why


I love being a woman and the ability to experiment with my style, and not feeling like I have to follow someone else's ideas about what I should and shouldn't wear.

There are some days when wearing a blingy ballet flat is all I need, but on days when I have meetings and events, wearing heels is a MUST (unless I'm having issues with my back).
So, in this week's post, I share why.

How-to Discover Your Personal Style

1) I'm 5' 5" ish, so a lot of the time I'm the shortest person in the room. That can sometimes feel a bit intimidating if you have to constantly look up at everyone. Wearing heels helps me get over that and come closer to being at eye level when I see and speak to people. 

2) I'm a bit of an introvert, but my day job requires a lot of face-to-face interactions with people. Wearing heels often gives me a boost of confidence and gives my stride that extra boost I need that convey one message, that's I'm about my business.

3) Being of a smaller frame makes me slightly invisible, because naturally in a room with lots of people, everything from decor to banners will block people from noticing me if I need them to. Wearing heels gives me a bit of a lift so I can stand out from the 'elements' around me.

The Best Jean Cuts & Styles for Your Body Type

4) My day job is in the tech industry and there's no secret that it's a male-dominated field the world over. When I meet with a prospective client who is of the opposite sex, I want to convey that I came on a mission and I shouldn't be seen as meek and fragile due to my height.

5) Heels make me feel sexy and feminine, but also powerful. And that means more to me than all the reasons I just gave. Wearing heels serves as a reminder that I'm in the room for a purpose and that helps me to be a bit more ready for whatever happens.

Go be great & stylish!
Dina

Follow Me on Instagram to Get Daily Tips & Fashion Inspo  

---
Thanks for stopping on over. If this post was helpful to you in any way, do me a favor and like, comment AND share this post on Twitter, Facebook and everywhere you and your stylish friends hang out on the interwebs. You can also follow me on Instagram and Twitter for daily fashion tips and style-spiration.

If you'd like to contact me you can @shestylesher on your favorite social media platform, or send me an email at shestylesher@gmail.com.

She Styles Her

No comments:

Post a Comment